- Would you support the development of a "bionic" person?
I love that the technology exists to help someone who is disabled be able to walk again and lead a normally functional life. I do fear however, that people will abuse this privilege and that bionic body parts could become as commonplace and elective as plastic surgery. I also fear that people won't care for the bodies they are given with the same fervor if they can replace parts when they wear them out.
- What is your opinion of the issues raised in "How EEG Devices Will Read Your Brain Waves And Change Your World?'
Again this is both hopeful and petrifying. I love that the technology could be used to help someone walk again or control technology if they don't have functioning arms. I fear though that most of this technology will be used in more gaming devices, ridiculous gadgets, and other forms of brain linked technology. We are already way too linked to existing technology, we don't need to plug in anymore.
good point about the body simply becoming a collection of replaceable parts- there's already so many people out their who are so disconnected to their own body, and bionic parts would just encourage that!
ReplyDelete