- I know I’m a “living system” because…….
- Biophysics and Traditional Chinese Medicine
Living systems rely the relationship between living beings and the environment. Both need each other in order to exist. TCM uses this in its approach to health. We cannot separate ourselves from our environment. It effects us both internally and externally. Physics says that, "energy is not created or destroyed, it is transformed". This also relates to how Chinese Medicine works with healing. Energy is transformed from different states of disharmony to balance.
I think your definition of a living system is one of the best ones I've heard so far! But then... it seems to exclude self-contained systems (like ecosystems) which can be considered a living system but don't interact with an environment outside themselves... or at least, not regularly.
ReplyDeletePerhaps we can expand your idea to say a living system is one where its components interact and exchange energy with each other. What are your thoughts on that?