Monday, June 10, 2013

biology week five


  • Can we control our sugar habit?
I think we can.  Although the modern diet doesn't make it easy.  Sugar is in everything, sauces, bread, salad dressing, etc.  The only way to get away from it completely is to cook with whole foods.  I do a cleanse 2x per year and refrain from sugar and other contaminants. I always end up eating it again though.  Its more of a mind craving than a body one, something I reach for when stressed or upset.  
  • Are you convinced about the safety of Fukushima tuna?
No, I'm not convinced.  I'm sure it has some amount of radiation in it, but so do many other things.  Our environment has a ton of it.  It suprises me that people will get upset about the radiation in food, but not even question the effect of having a cell phone glued to thier ear at all times or eyes glued to a computer.   
  • Do you vote for the chicken or the egg?
Neither.  Maybe they both came into being simultaneously.  

1 comment:

  1. We really ought to start considering radiation as a species. Cell phones and all that make us and experiment. We are experiments right now. Have you ever read Malthus? Rich people love him. He talked about if there are too many people it will create disasters so we should encourage the poor not to wash their hands and to live in unhealthy places. Do they still think that way? Or is it just blind greed? Or not wanting to be wrong? Why can't we just have nice things?


    Sugar is indeed poison. I have no cravings for it, though sometimes ice cream or pie seems good or ice cream and pie. But I drink coffee, so I am hardly perfect.

    No the egg came first. Lizards laid eggs and they appeared before chickens. Dinosaurs also laid eggs. So did our mammal ancestors until maybe the late Jurassic. Giant rodent looking animals learned to babies like a marsupial probably.

    ReplyDelete