Sunday, May 12, 2013

physics week one

1.  I have been attracted to studying Chinese Medicine for a long time.  As it stands I am an Herbalist, Occupational and Sports Injury Bodyworker,  Nutritionist, and Yoga Therapist and have a successful practice both in Oakland and Fairfax.  Chinese Medicine feels like it will round out my skill set and give me a new set of tools to better aid people in healing.  It has been extremely useful to me in my healing journey and at times has been the only system that actually worked for me.  In my practice currently, I use a technique called NeuroKinetic Therapy which uses applied kinesiology to uncover muscle inhibition patterns.  I then release the muscle which is over compensating and help my client strengthen the muscles that are inhibited.  It's an incredible technique!  I am excited to be able to add needling in to my sessions and let the energy do what it would take my hands most of the session to do.  I am also curious to look into how the blockages in the meridian system could be affecting the inhibition patterns that I am finding.  

2. I find aspects of physics fascinating and other aspects frustrating.  For me, the fascinating parts have to do with the human body and how we use it.  Momentum vs force, etc.  The more obscure parts of physics frustrate me.  At times it seems like scientist are in a race to create and disprove theories and that we, as a human race, are trying to measure things that may be better left unmeasured.  I personally like for some things to remain a mystery.  ;0)

3. Time speeds up and slows down all the time.  Although, as I get older, time seems to speed up more often than slow down.  I feel like I don't even know where the last 10 years went.  I still can't believe that I somehow made it deep into adulthood.   Time only slows down for me these days when I get into nature or meditate.  It really makes me want to be more aware of slowing down and being present.    

4. This weeks class was interesting.  I really enjoyed the part about cultural differences with time.  I have spent many years in Latin America and feel more in alignment with their sense of time.  Everything seems slower.  I had the experience of being on a bus for a few days and when the bus broke down in the middle of no where, everyone got off, talked with each other, helped fix the bus, and enjoyed the moment.  No one was caught up with where they had to be or who would be upset when they were late.  I tried imagining the same scene in the US.  Here everyone would be on their cell phones, yelling at the bus driver, calling for a new mode of transport etc.  I definitely prefer the Latin way. 






1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of neurokinetic therapy before, googling it now!

    ReplyDelete