Monday, August 12, 2013

Final Biology blog

I chose to do a presentation on how oil companies are destroying native lands in the Amazon because it is a topic that is close to my heart.  When I was living in the Amazon at age 25 I fell in love with the richeness of the culture there and how connected they are to their environment and their native medicinals.  Being that most Americans are dissconnected from their history, cultural wisdom is something that is lacking.  It is hard thought to admire the beauty in the Amazon without being instantly stung by the destruction.  It is everywhere.  The oil companies have done a really good job hiring natives to destroy their own environment and to take little or no responsibility for the reprocussions.  We all drive cars here in the western world, and love the freedom it gives us, but it is good to be educated about at what cost it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment